Counselor - Individual Placement Services
About the Organization
Founded in 1960, The Mental Health Center of Greater Manchester (MHCGM) is the largest outpatient mental health facility in the state of NH and serves over 11,000 children and adults each year. As a private non-profit organization, that employs nearly 500, its mission is to empower individuals to achieve recovery by offering a comprehensive, and integrated system of care. The Mental Health Center of Greater Manchester has been recognized for its evidence-based services, programs, and treatment options which are available for all age groups. MHCGM has earned the Best in the 603 status for three consecutive years as the Gold Level Mental Health Clinic, while also repeatedly earning the title of Best Non-profit organization in the 603 as well.
About the Job
Position Summary: Bachelor-level candidate needed to fill a full-time, clinical position as part of a community-based vocational counseling team. Position requires a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Must have experience in the field of mental health, specifically treating substance use disorder. The ideal candidate is a proven self-starter with experience in networking, program development, and counseling.
** $5000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR ALL CLINICAL POSITIONS **
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) Evidence-Based treatment model of supported employment.
- Support clients with all aspects of employment
- Attend treatment team meetings for all required teams
- Continuously network with local employers with intention to develop jobs for clients.
- Regularly communicate with all members of IPS treatment teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the mental health and substance use fields
- Knowledge of vocational and employment services
- Strong ability to network in the community
- Strong sense of team work
- Self-Starter, Independent
- Communicates effectively with staff, clients, and community partners.
- Willingness to use non-stigmatizing, nonjudgmental, client-centered language
Education: Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, rehab counseling, education/counseling, or related field from an accredited university is required.
The desired applicant will have the following qualifications
- Experience in the Mental Health Field
- Experience in the substance use (SUD) field
- Experience with networking
- Basic fundamental computer experience
Qualifications: Must possess a valid driver’s license and automobile with liability insurance in the amount required by agency policy.