Counselor - Individual Placement Services
About the Organization
Founded in 1960, The Mental Health Center of Greater Manchester (MHCGM) is the largest organization of its kind in the region. It is a private non-profit organization that empowers individuals to achieve recovery and promote personal and community wellness through an accessible, comprehensive, integrated, and evidenced-based system of mental health care. While annually serving over 11,000 clients, it remains a fiscally sound organization known for its fair treatment of employees and ability to reward good performance.
About the Job
Position Summary: Bachelor-level candidate needed to fill a full-time, clinical position as part of a community-based vocational counseling team. Position requires a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Must have experience in the field of mental health, specifically treating substance use disorder. The ideal candidate is a proven self-starter with experience in networking, program development, and counseling.
** $5000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR ALL CLINICAL POSITIONS **
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) Evidence-Based treatment model of supported employment.
- Support clients with all aspects of employment
- Attend treatment team meetings for all required teams
- Continuously network with local employers with intention to develop jobs for clients.
- Regularly communicate with all members of IPS treatment teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the mental health and substance use fields
- Knowledge of vocational and employment services
- Strong ability to network in the community
- Strong sense of team work
- Self-Starter, Independent
- Communicates effectively with staff, clients, and community partners.
- Willingness to use non-stigmatizing, nonjudgmental, client-centered language
Education: Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, rehab counseling, education/counseling, or related field from an accredited university is required.
The desired applicant will have the following qualifications
- Experience in the Mental Health Field
- Experience in the substance use (SUD) field
- Experience with networking
- Basic fundamental computer experience
Qualifications: Must possess a valid driver’s license and automobile with liability insurance in the amount required by agency policy.