Counselor - Cypress Center Overnight
About the Organization
Founded in 1960, The Mental Health Center of Greater Manchester (MHCGM) is the largest organization of its kind in the region. It is a private non-profit organization that empowers individuals to achieve recovery and promote personal and community wellness through an accessible, comprehensive, integrated, and evidenced-based system of mental health care. While annually serving over 11,000 clients, it remains a fiscally sound organization known for its fair treatment of employees and ability to reward good performance.
About the Job
BACHELOR LEVEL COUNSELOR - CYPRESS CENTER
Seeking an energetic, team-oriented counselor for meaningful work with people admitted to our inpatient state-designated receiving facility. We provide short-term crisis stabilization and brief 1:1/group counseling in a milieu setting. This is a full-time position. We are looking specifically for 3rd shift availability.
Duties and Responsibilities: Provide 1:1 counseling in a milieu environment, treatment planning, crisis intervention, skilled group work, family meetings, connecting patients to community resources, and working with internal and external referral sources on admissions and discharge planning.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Previous experience working in a locked inpatient unit is a plus.
- Looking for someone with excellent time management skills, who is able to respond quickly and effectively to crisis situations.
- We are seeking someone who has a passion for mental health and enjoys challenges.
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices such as Dialectical Behavior Therapy and Illness Management and Recovery is helpful.
- Must be attentive to detail, and able to solve problems in an environment of positive teamwork and professionalism.
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in psychology or a related field is required.
- At least one full year of working in the mental health field is required.
- Preference is given to previous experience working in crisis units/environments.
Job Type: Full-time, 3rd shift