Youth Suicide Prevention Care Liaison
About the Organization
Founded in 1963, Riverbend Community Mental Health is a private, nonprofit organization providing specialized behavioral health services in central New Hampshire. Core services include 24/7 emergency mobile crisis services; counseling services for children, adults, and families; addiction treatment; and community support, vocational services, and residential programs for adults and seniors. Evidence-based models of treatment guide all our work, and we strongly believe in the power of self-directed growth and recovery.
About the Job
Sign On Bonus: $1500.00
Riverbend Community Mental Health, Inc., one of the largest providers of community-based behavioral health services in New Hampshire, is seeking a Youth Suicide Prevention Care Liaison to provide assessment, referral and brief follow-up care to high risk youth/young adults up to age 24.
As a Youth Suicide Prevention Crisis Care Liaison, you will implement the requirements of the NH Nexus Suicide Prevention Project by providing assessment, referral and brief follow up to high risk youth/young adults up to age 24 and their families. You will work with a team of professionals including first responders, healthcare providers, and community-based agencies to stabilize a psychiatric crisis situation, provide follow-up education and support to the individual and their family, and provide bridge services to community-based treatment. This position does require some flexibility with hours for seeing working families.
- Promote suicide prevention and postvention to high risk youth/young adults
- Provide assessments and interventions in homes and other community locations to youth/young adults who are at risk of or attempted suicide using evidence based approaches.
- Provide short-term follow-up care to youth/young adults and their families and bridge them to services in the community.
- Provide suicide prevention education to youth/young adults, their families, support systems and stakeholders.
- Provide clinical documentation in accordance with medical necessity guidelines and agency standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, or related field required.
- Valid driver’s license, personal vehicle, and auto insurance or access to a reasonable alternative required.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in a mental health treatment environment and an understanding of suicide and suicide prevention is required.
- Experience with program development and working with high risk youth preferred.
Riverbend Community Mental Health is a private, nonprofit organization providing specialized behavioral health services. Core services include 24/7 emergency mobile crisis services; counseling services for children, adults, and families; addiction recovery; community support, vocational services, and residential programs for adults and seniors. Evidence-based models of treatment guide all our work, and we strongly believe in the power of self-directed growth and recovery. Consider joining our vibrant staff community today! Let us showcase your talents in a place where you can truly see the value, purpose, and power that your work holds.
About working at Riverbend
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and an outstanding benefit package including:
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and/or daycare expenses
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- 4 weeks of earned time accrued in year 1; higher accrual in future years
- 8 holidays per year
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ample opportunities for training and expanding knowledge and skills
- Business casual attire
- Wellness programming
- Tuition reimbursement
- Approved site for Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Tuition discounts at New England College and SNHU
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact the world, it is our responsibility as healthcare providers to help keep our staff, clients and communities safe. At Riverbend, we have implemented processes and precautions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 as well as a mandatory vaccination policy. Exceptions can be applied for under medical or religious reasons.
About Concord New Hampshire
Concord New Hampshire is ranked one of the nation’s top micropolitan (population under 50,000) communities, year after year. Our excellent schools and colleges produce a well-educated workforce, and we are proud to be home to one of the finest health care networks north of Boston (about 1.5 hours south). In addition to our vibrant downtown, business community, and wealth of cultural offerings, the Concord area is the perfect place to raise a family, grow a business, or explore New England’s rich history, culture, and natural wonders.
Visit our website at: www.riverbendcmhc.org
or contact directly
Tina Broyer - Talent Acquisition Specialist
603-226-7505 x 3220