Overnight & Weekend House Monitor
About the Organization
Brigid’s House of Hope is a long term, transitional safe house for victims of Human Trafficking in New Hampshire and surrounding areas. Human trafficking is a social issue that is affecting all communities in many ways and Brigid’s House of Hope supports identified victims of trafficking and assist in transitioning victims to survivors to thoughtful community members. Working with members of the community, Brigid’s House of Hope will provide the only housing specifically designed to support victims and survivors of trafficking in New Hampshire.
Brigid’s House of Hope provides a state-wide accessible shelter for those who have been exploited through trafficking. Along with shelter, they will also provide access to medical care and mental health services, support, and ultimately transition individuals into long term housing and assist survivors of this crime as they reintegrate into a safe community. An obligation exists to protect the person and equip the person with the skills and resources necessary to prevent re-exploitation.
About the Job
STATUS: Part-Time/ Per-Diem Overnight & Weekend
Provide overnight support to residents at Brigid’s House of Hope. Maintain order of house, ensure safety of residents, and provide supervision of residents.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the Program Manager - Clinical Services, within established policies and procedures set by the Executive Director and Board of Directors, the House Monitor performs the following functions:
1. Provide available support during alternating overnight hours, as scheduled.
2. Provide crisis management and set appropriate limits as needed
3. Maintain a calm demeanor and model positive behavior
4. Provide crisis management for Residents, as needed.
6. Ensure privacy and confidentiality are maintained at all times.
7. Assist with Building Needs, as arise, contacting Property Management and on-call staff appropriately.
8. Assist with meal preparation and celebratory meals.
9. Conduct regular safety and security checks
10. Understand and enforce all the rules and policies of Brigid’s House of Hope.
11. Identify, troubleshoot and follow through with resolutions of problems that arise within the Brigid’s House of Hope.
12. Work as a team member by assisting in other areas necessary for maintaining quality care of residents/facility.
13. Overnight or Weekend shifts, as scheduled
1. Maintain a clean and organized space.
2. Participate in regular staff meetings.
3. Replace supplies on a daily basis (e.g. maintaining organization and upkeep of food and supply areas) and complete daily operational tasks.
4. Perform other similar or related duties as required or directed.
Brigid’s House of Hope will provide private space for the House Monitor to utilize during shifts. Sleeping will be allowed during shifts, yet personnel must be available for clients, as needed.
EDUCATION: Current Student obtaining degree, Graduate with Associates degree or higher with major course work in human services, social work, criminal justice, psychology or related field or equivalent of related work/life experience.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of related experience working in social services or human services with vulnerable populations or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities required of position.
HOUSING: Brigid’s House of Hope will provide housing for the House Monitor as an individual. This will be a bedroom as part of a 2-bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment (shared with the other House Monitor) located within the residence of Brigid’s House of Hope. Heat, hot water, water, Wi-Fi, security, air conditioning and some food will be included.
Email Info@brigidshouseofhope.org for more information and to apply