Director of Development
About the Organization
David Krempels Brain Injury Center (KBIC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit providing community-based programming for survivors of acquired brain injury (ABI). Our evidence-based therapeutic services, offered online and in Portsmouth, are designed and overseen by allied health professionals to improve the quality of life of those living with the chronic effects of brain injury. At KBIC, we focus on our member participants' strengths, responding to their changing needs and providing encouragement and support as they reinvent their lives post-injury. We support our members' right to self-determination in developing their own goals and making their own choices and create an environment that is rich with opportunities for social connection and support.
Perks of working at KBIC include:
- Mission-driven environment, prioritizing excellence in service to our members and families.
- Healthcare and dental insurances and retirement plan benefits.
- Generous earned time off plan.
- Fun, supportive, and creative work environment that prioritizes work/life balance.
- Being part of a team that has a passion for helping others.
David Krempels Brain Injury Center (KBIC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, gender identity, veteran or military status or any other legally protected category.
Community Campus, Portsmouth, NH
About the Job
Position Title: Director of Development
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Development Associate
Position status: Full Time (37.5 hours/week), Salaried, Exempt, Remote/Hybrid
Since its founding, The David Krempels Brain Injury Center (KBIC) has had a strong culture of philanthropy that fuels an innovative and life changing member experience. KBIC is seeking an experienced leader to join our dynamic and collaborative team. The Director of Development, reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with senior leadership and board of directors, will execute an already established and successful development program, and will have the opportunity to evaluate and strategically grow fundraising capacity. The ideal individual will lead with integrity, emotional intelligence, agility, and belief in and passion for the mission.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and execute annual development plan (including annual giving, major gifts, corporate and community grants, and peer-to-peer fundraising).
- Design and implement a planned giving program.
- Oversee metrics for performance to meet the organization’s annual, capital, and strategic revenue goals.
- Lead growth of a mission-based, donor-centric Major Gifts program including prospect research and identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Collaboratively develop strategy with the Director of Communications and Outreach on the two major annual fundraising events, ensuring clear delineation of responsibilities.
- Help ensure directors, committees, staff, and volunteers are actively engaged, trained, and supported in their roles in the development program.
- Provide team leadership and direction consistent with department and organizational goals, maximizing productivity and performance.
- Lead with integrity, emotional intelligence, agility, and belief in and passion for the mission.
Education & Related Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum five years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising, including major gift work.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Proven leadership skills.
- Proven ability in cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors.
- Belief in the mission and ability to engage with the Krempels Center community.
- Stellar communication, collaboration, and project management skills.
- Aptitude in Microsoft 365 and fundraising databases (experience with Little Green Light a plus).
- Flexibility to work some weekends and evenings.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
- Routine office environment.
- Some nights / weekend work required.
- Must have own transportation, a valid driver’s license, and adequate insurance.
Every day at KBIC brings its rewards. Please email both cover letter and resume with “Director of Development” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.