About the Organization
For 20 years, Girls at Work has been dedicated to empowering inner city girls. Far too many girls buy into the messages in our society that destroy their self image. While we can help build their self esteem with words, it is hard to argue that teaching young girls to use power tools is not a game changer that silences those messages from our society and leaves them feeling overly powerful and competent. We have been fortunate to watch thousands of young girls build their self esteem in our shops and recognize they are capable of so much more.
It's an exciting time to join the team at Girls at Work, Inc. With our newly renovated Millyard location and our powerful team, we are well positioned for some much anticipated growth. Join a team of skilled, dedicated and passionate individuals (board, staff and volunteers) as we navigate the exciting waters of growth. Become part of our journey as we ramp up our much needed initiative to empower inner city girls and expand our reach and our mission.
About the Job
Girls at Work
Director of Development
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Development Director (Director) will spearhead financial development efforts as Girls at Work continues to grow. The Director will have the opportunity to build upon the development function to assure long term financial sustainability of Girls at Work, and create lasting partnerships that will enable us to grow.
- Maintain Girls at Work Nonprofit's annual fundraising plan
- Secure incremental financial support from individuals, foundations, government programs and corporations
- Cultivate and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Expand upon and execute a strategy for additional large, sustained base of annual individual donors
- Oversee organization of special events
- Manage and grow donor management software (Bloomerang) and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Collaborate with any grant writing resources Girls at Work has contracted or leveraged
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- Five-plus years experience in development
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Knowledge of donor management software solutions
- Illustrates passion for the Girls at Work mission
- Full time
- Annual Salary $55,000 - $65,000 (with expansion opportunity upon goal achievement)
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org