Client Services Advocate
About the Organization
HAVEN, formerly known as A Safe Place and SASS officially merged in July of 2015 becoming the largest violence prevention and support services agency in NH. We are dedicated to addressing public health through violence prevention and improving the well-being of children and families. Preventing abuse and providing support for those impacted by domestic and sexual violence can lead to healthier and more secure children and adults. Our mission is to prevent sexual assault, domestic violence and stalking and to support and empower women, men, youth and families to heal from abuse and rebuild their lives. Through a 24-hour client service support program and a Safe Kids Strong Teens K-12 Prevention education program, this organization provides services to individuals and families throughout Rockingham and Strafford Counties.
About the Job
HAVEN Client Services Advocate
The HAVEN Client Services Advocate is responsible for providing direct services to support our clients throughout HAVEN’s service area of Rockingham & Strafford Counties.
- Answer the agency’s 24 hour crisis line and provide direct services to walk-in clients during office hours.
- Provide clients appropriate resources and referrals to other agencies.
- Accompany clients at hospitals, legal settings, child advocacy centers and police stations, during office hours
- Coordinate follow-up services
- Provide staff backup for night and weekend coverage on a rotating basis with other staff.
- Participate in office closure or holiday direct coverage shifts on a rotating basis, as needed.
- Maintain communication and coordination with other HAVEN departments.
- Supervise and evaluate interns, as needed.
- Assist in special projects and assignments as required for the growth and operations of the agency.
- Attend staff meetings, trainings and professional development as assigned by the Manager of Client Services.
- Participate in weekly supervision meetings and client services team meetings.
- Participate in the outreach efforts of the agency.
- Maintain a work environment that is inclusive, respectful and welcoming.
Valid driver’s license, automobile insurance, and ability to travel throughout Rockingham and Strafford County required.
EDUCATION: Associates Degree and/or three years of relevant experience required. Crisis center advocacy experience preferred. Must complete 30 hour advocate training prior to provision of direct services.
SKILLS: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to maintain agency required confidentiality and deal appropriately with sensitive matters. Highly organized with attention to detail. Crisis intervention and advocacy skills preferred.
KNOWLEDGE: Understanding of issues relating to sexual and domestic violence. Knowledge of local community resources. Experience in operating computers utilizing Excel, Microsoft Outlook/Teams, and client tracking database.
TRAITS: Flexible schedule, compassionate, dedicated, able to maintain healthy boundaries, passionate about the issue of sexual and domestic violence, professional, culturally sensitive and a team player.
Physical and psychological demands:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Must be physically and mentally capable of performing multiple tasks (such as phone calls, computer work, attending meetings) under stressful situations and able to consistently function well in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be capable of using a visual display terminal with keyboard, repetitively use wrist, elbow and shoulder.
Status of Position
40 HOURS PER WEEK – Rochester, NH
NON-EXEMPT Salaried – Benefits Eligible
REPORTS to Supervisor of Crisis Services
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to e-mail address provided