Public Health Emergency Preparedness & Response Coordinator
About the Organization
Granite United Way is an experienced and trusted organization dedicated to leveraging the resources of investors and volunteers to create lasting change by addressing the underlying causes of our community's most pressing needs. Granite United Way is committed to improving the lives of individuals and families by supporting programs in the areas of education, income and health. Granite United Way works with over 1,000 companies, 25,000 investors and thousands of volunteers every year to make our communities a better place.
Granite United Way serves the Southern (Manchester/Derry/Salem), Merrimack County, Greater Seacoast Region, North Country, Central New Hampshire, Northern and Upper Valley Regions of NH and VT as well as Windsor County, VT. For more information, visit www.graniteuw.org.
Granite United Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Job
Public Health Emergency Preparedness & Response Coordinator
Public Health · Concord, New Hampshire
Granite United Way’s Vision is to be the preferred way people work together to build a community that values its collective responsibility to care for each other. All employees at Granite United Way are integral to our ability to achieve our mission. Performance of the job duties outlined below will enable us to follow through on our promises to the communities we serve.
Granite United Way currently serves as host agency for three (3) out of the thirteen (13) regional public health networks in the state, including the Capital Area Public Health Network, the Carroll County Coalition for Public Health, and the South Central (formerly Greater Derry) Public Health Network. Funded in part by NH DHHS, these networks work to convene, coordinate and facilitate an ongoing network of partners to address regional public health needs.
If you are seeking a rewarding career in a collaborative working environment, you’re in good company! Granite United Way offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, flexible schedules and opportunities for advancement. Granite United Way embraces diversity and inclusivity, and encourages our team to pursue professional and personal goals. Live United is not just a credo here, it is our culture. UNITED is the way forward.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Plan, organize, direct and coordinate public health emergency preparedness and response activities and operations within the Capital Area public health region. This position supports the development of regional capacity regarding a variety of priority areas, including Public Health Emergency Preparedness and Response, Citizen Corps, School-Based Influenza Vaccination Services, and community education concerning public health threats. The core mission of this position is to strengthen partnerships to support public health emergency preparedness and implement strategies to strengthen community resilience. Currently, during the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic the main focus of the position is to coordinate and implement COVID-19 vaccination services throughout the Capital Area. This position requires an adaptable approach to providing services during a pandemic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and fulfill goals and objectives of multiple federal and state grants administrated by the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (NH DHHS) and other
- Network and collaborate with the following 11 key community sectors: business; community leadership; cultural and faith-based groups and organizations; emergency management; healthcare; social services; housing and sheltering; media; mental/behavioral health; state office of aging or its equivalent; education and childcare settings to strengthen partnerships to support public health emergency preparedness and implement strategies to strengthen community resilience.
- In collaboration with area emergency managers/responders, develop and maintain the Regional Public Health Emergency Annex (RPHEA), and participate in public health emergency response
- Coordinate stakeholder outreach and communication efforts, work group meetings, coordination and preparation of materials.
- Maintain communication, and act as a liaison, with the NH DHHS, the statewide coalition of Public Health Networks, and the Granite State Health Care Coalition (GSHCC) by attending regularly scheduled meetings, sharing work products and information as
- Coordinate and implement School-Based Influenza Vaccination Services.
- Conduct community education and training to respond to public health threats
- Provide coordination of exercises and trainings in the
- Draft and submit progress reports on program activities.
- Conduct outreach and volunteer recruitment for public health emergency preparedness committees and
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator and to increase Citizen Corps membership, participation, training and overall preparedness capacity in
- Attend conferences/seminars/meetings as requested to ensure knowledge of the latest research-based strategies and approaches in the field of public
- Attend staff meetings; assist with assessments and evaluation processes to ensure ongoing quality
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President of Public
- The Public Health Emergency Preparedness & Response Coordinator assists in enhancing public health system collaboration by providing staff support to the Public Health Advisory Council (PHAC), its workgroups and partners, as appropriate.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in emergency management, public health or other related field preferred. Clinical licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)/Paramedic is a highly desired qualification for this position
- Minimum of four years’ experience in public health emergency planning and/or public health related initiatives. Each additional year of approved work experience may be substituted for one year of required formal
- Military, Emergency/First Responder, Public Safety, and/or Tactical Field Experience desired.
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to develop effective collaborative relationships.
- Significant leadership skills, including an ability to adapt approach, style and methods to best engage, empower and sustain the involvement of community
- Detail oriented, with an ability to track, follow-through and meet deadlines within workplan, including State contract
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to support grant writing, public speaking, and data analysis activities, ability to teach, train, and conduct workshops.
- Must be familiar with emergency preparedness, health service delivery, and the function of local, county, and state
- Time management and organizational skills, with the ability to effectively coordinate, implement, and evaluate multiple priorities and
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem-solving and decision-making
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evening, and during emergencies.
- Ability to work with diverse populations, demonstrating cultural competency and community
- Maintain appropriate current state driver’s
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, databases and web-based applications (internet, email, social media).
The venue of this position is a general office environment that is clean, well-lighted, and environmentally comfortable, free of fumes or airborne particles, and only minimally exposes employees to office solvents limited to those relative to copier equipment.
This position requires:
- Minimal requirement to reach at or above shoulder level; occasional reaching below shoulder level
- Ability to travel throughout the territory
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include night and
- Ability to tolerate prolonged sitting and/or standing and to lift up to approximately 25 pounds to waist high level whenever necessary.
- Mobility includes regular sitting, some standing and
- Valid driver’s
- Criminal Records
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document describes the position as it is currently available and is not a contract. Granite United Way retains the right to change modify the position description at any time.
To apply for this position visit: https://graniteunitedway.bamboohr.com/careers/52?source=aWQ9MjM%3D