Network Growth Manager
About the Organization
NHBSR is a member network of over 200 companies and organizations that believe that New Hampshire will thrive when we engage the power of business and our people to build a sustainable and prosperous state for all. As a nonprofit membership organization, NHBSR's mission is to convene, inspire and support businesses and their community stakeholders to improve our workplaces, our communities and the environment.
We offer events and programming that bring together diverse professionals engaged in sustainability, meeting them wherever they are on their sustainability journey. We provide resources, foster dialogue and help to build meaningful connections to move sustainability efforts forward while inspiring positive change and an engaged, inclusive workplace culture.
For more information, please visit our website, www.nhbsr.org.
About the Job
The Network Growth Manager will provide a critical link to expanding and deepening the network of businesses and organizations in the state striving to become more sustainable and socially responsible. This team member will strengthen NHBSR’s brand awareness across all industry sectors while recruiting new member companies, expanding engagement within existing member companies and building a network of ambassadors for the organization. The position reports to the Executive Director and works collaboratively with the Business Engagement Committee and the Board of Directors and includes commission based on performance.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in business relationship development or organizational fundraising
- A passion for issues of sustainability and social responsibility preferred
- A demonstrated proficiency in the written communications
Skills and Abilities
- Strong sales and network development skills
- Connected within the NH business community
- Demonstrated ability to create long term relationships
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Self-starter with great organizational skills and drive to succeed
- Identify, engage and inspire businesses to join the NHBSR network
- Acquire a deep understanding and commitment to NHBSR’s Mission, Vision and Values and the programming and advocacy that supports it
- Listen and understand potential members’ interests and needs and connect how NHBSR benefits can support them
- Strategically build a member prospect pipeline based on the interest and engagement in sustainable business
- Build a strong ambassador network within NHBSR, supporting and closing opportunities created by their efforts
- Work collaboratively with NHBSR staff, Board of Directors and the Business Engagement Committee to facilitate membership growth and community building
- Expand and deepen current member engagement
- Meet or exceed budgeted growth in financial membership support, e.g. new membership, upgrading membership levels, sponsorship, etc.
- With NHBSR experience, secure sponsorships, donations and in-kind donations for NHBSR events and activities throughout the year
Submit a cover letter and resume by September 19, 2022 sharing your interest and unique qualifications for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Network Development Manager”.