Managed Medicaid Billing Specialist - RCM
About the Organization
Founded in 1960, The Mental Health Center of Greater Manchester (MHCGM) is the largest organization of its kind in the region. It is a private non-profit organization that empowers individuals to achieve recovery and promote personal and community wellness through an accessible, comprehensive, integrated, and evidenced-based system of mental health care. While annually serving over 11,000 clients, it remains a fiscally sound organization known for its fair treatment of employees and ability to reward good performance.
About the Job
Position Summary: This position is dedicated to working with NH Medicaid, Managed Care Organization – Beacon/WellSense insurance company. Primary responsibilities include posting cash for assigned fund sources, working denials, aged account receivables and sending out HCFA claims. Position includes doing weekly benefit verification and associated changes to ensure accurate billing in our EHR (Avatar) and for processing of monthly Capitated Payment files. Also includes assisting with client inquiries regarding billing via phone. Position is part of a team that provides backup and cross coverage for each other.
** $1000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR ALL NONCLINICAL POSITIONS **
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing and posting 835 Remittance files and working denials
- Following up on aged account receivables
- Reviewing and sending out HCFA 1500 claims as a secondary payor
- Processing weekly eligibility changes along with monthly changes for Capitated Payment files
- Providing excellent customer service to clients with billing related questions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and confidentiality a must.
- Basic fundamental computer experience to process email and access client/claims information within an EHR and web-based insurance portals
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is a plus
- Candidate must be a team player
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply
Education: Position requires High School diploma or equivalent
Experience: At least 1 year relevant experience working with insurance is preferred. Experience with insurance reimbursement, denial processing and claim follow-up also preferred, but not required.