About the Organization
Arts In Reach (AIR) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering teenage girls and gender expansive youth through inclusive community arts programs and mentoring by professional artists.
About the Job
TITLE: Executive Director, full-time
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
SUPERVISES: 3 full-time staff and 1 part-time van driver
OFFICE LOCATION: New Castle, NH
ABOUT ARTS IN REACH:
Arts In Reach (AIR) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering teenage girls and gender expansive youth through inclusive community arts programs and mentoring by professional artists. Since 1997, AIR has offered free after-school and vacation programs with transportation to close opportunity gaps for underserved teens. At AIR teens develop the confidence, resilience, and self-reliance needed to pursue fulfilling lives.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the organization. The Executive Director supported by the Board of Directors, provides strategic direction and management of the organization, policies, and goals in accordance with the vision and mission. The Executive Director supports the program staff and is primarily responsibility for fundraising, donor base growth, staff development, financial concerns, communications, and community relations to ensure continued growth while managing the image and daily operations of AIR.
- Bachelor Degree preferred; Master Degree a plus
- Five years of nonprofit management experience or other executive experience
- Fundraising and community relations experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience leading teams/strong people management experience
- Financial management background
- Experience working with a board of directors
- Flexible, adaptable, and collaborative
- Excellent attention to detail, integrity, and confidentiality
- Experience with Google Workspace, QuickBooks, and donor management software
- Health and Dental Insurance (66% paid by AIR)
- 3% IRA annual contribution
- Flexible schedule and workplace
- Discretionary bonus based upon fulfillment of fundraising and development goals
- Paid time off and organization holidays
- Manages the Board of Directors to ensure AIR operates with a long-range plan and the board carries out its governance, financial oversight, and leadership roles consistent with the mission
- Directs and supervises all aspects of people management for the organization
- Develops annual budget and ensures financial health of the organization.
- Leads all fundraising and public relations efforts including donor development, grant writing, events, publications, marketing, press relations, and website.
- Oversees programs and services to ensure quality and consistency with organizational goals.
- Other duties as needed.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and their current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. AIR will maintain the confidentiality of all applicants. Arts In Reach is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the belief that everyone is entitled to equal employment opportunity.