Development Database Manager
About the Organization
Nashua Soup Kitchen & Shelter (NSKS) provides food, shelter, and related services to vulnerable individuals and families in the Greater Nashua Region in a dignified and sustainable manner with the goal of helping clients on the path to economic security and stable housing. Our services include a soup kitchen and food pantry, an emergency shelter for families and individuals, assistance in seeking and retaining employment and housing, education and training, emergency financial assistance, and a wide range of other programs.
For more than 40 years, the Nashua Soup Kitchen & Shelter has been providing emergency services to very low-income individuals and families in the Greater Nashua area. Over that time, we’ve developed a strong reputation for compassionate service that respects the dignity and aspirations for everyone involved in the provision of care, especially those receiving care, while remaining flexible to meet the changing needs of our communities.
About the Job
Reporting to the Director of Development and working closely with the Donor Engagement Manager, the Development Database Manager will support Nashua Soup Kitchen & Shelter’s mission and development program by effectively maintaining and managing NSKS’s Raiser’s Edge NXT database and processing donations.
This is a full time exempt position requiring two days on-site in Nashua, NH with the option to work remotely the remainder of the week.
The responsibilities of the Development Database Manager include, but are not limited to:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
INDIVIDUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage NSKS’s Raiser’s Edge database: stay informed of developments in Raiser’s Edge and work with the team to incorporate changes, maintain best practices regarding security and perform monthly data backups, create new queries and reports as needed, collaborate with team on procedures for gift processing, events management, and other development functions.
- Serve as an in-house database expert: Assist NSKS staff with Raisers Edge questions and train support staff as needed. Troubleshoot database problems with vendor(s) and internally as needed; be the technical liaison to all database vendor(s).
- As needed take the lead on special projects, for example choosing and implementing new software for events or communications.
- Maintain Blackbaud Merchant Services/Online Express templates for online donations.
- Manage Volunteer Hub: Assist NSKS staff and volunteers to ensure that Volunteer Hub is being used effectively to record volunteer activity, provide reports as needed to document volunteer engagement, enter, update, and maintain volunteer data.
- Enter donations received from online donation platforms as well as in-kind gifts in a timely fashion. Ensure accuracy and consistency of all data.
- Produce gift acknowledgement letters for these donations within established deadlines.
- Run standardized queries, exports, and reports weekly and monthly and review reports to verify data accuracy, consistency, and timeliness.
- Support the finance team in the monthly reconciliation of donation records with Finance Department records and assist in audit as needed.
- Execute routine database clean-up activity. Run quarterly Address Finder, Email Finder, Deceased Finder, and Phone Finder applications and update constituent records as needed. Research and verify constituent data online as necessary. Create queries to determine data accuracy and work with development team to resolve issues.
DEPARTMENTAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend weekly development operations team meetings, development/events meetings, and monthly all-staff meetings.
- Create or update donor records as requested.
- Participate in online Raiser’s Edge training on a regular basis.
- Regularly cross-train and/or discuss position duties so that all within the department are familiar with them.
- Update development operations protocols and procedures manual as needed.
- Work closely with other members of the development team to ensure consistent use of database and accurate and timely communication with NSKS staff and donors.
DEPARTMENTAL PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- Maintain strict donor confidentiality.
- Consistently meet deadlines and maintain accurate constituent records.
- Assist in maintaining NSKS’s reputation for excellence in the community and work to ensure positive relations between donors and NSKS. Understand, believe, and advocate for the mission of NSKS.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate respect and cooperation in all interactions with clients, coworkers, donors, volunteers, vendors, and all others. Share NSKS’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Adhere to agency policies, procedures, and a professional code of ethics.
- Participate in regular staff meetings, staff training programs, supervisory sessions, and accept the responsibility for aiding in the development of positive team relationships.
- Accurately track and report hours worked in a timely fashion using agency provided tools.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or other management as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred. Minimum of two years’ experience working with a fundraising database is essential for this role; experience with Raiser’s Edge specifically is preferred. Experience with and in-depth understanding of Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel, and Teams. Experience with Blackbaud Merchant Services, Volunteer Hub, and Bidding for Good, a plus.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Interest in leveraging technology (Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office, and other products) to improve all aspects of the NSKS development program and a problem-solving approach to the work.
- Exceptional attention to detail, consistency, and accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, to prioritize and trouble shoot, and to meet deadlines during busy periods.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to make timely decisions and to work independently.
- Competency in writing, spelling, and proofreading.
- Basic knowledge of budgets and reconciliation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, donors, agencies, and the general public.
- Ability to work with people of differing socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds; respect for all individuals, regardless of their circumstances, is required.
Please submit resume to Susannah Abbott, Director of Development, at: email@example.com. A cover letter is appreciated but not required.