About the Organization
NHBSR is a member network of over 200 companies and organizations that believe that New Hampshire will thrive when we engage the power of business and our people to build a sustainable and prosperous state for all. As a nonprofit membership organization, NHBSR's mission is to convene, inspire and support businesses and their community stakeholders to improve our workplaces, our communities and the environment.
We offer events and programming that bring together diverse professionals engaged in sustainability, meeting them wherever they are on their sustainability journey. We provide resources, foster dialogue and help to build meaningful connections to move sustainability efforts forward while inspiring positive change and an engaged, inclusive workplace culture.
For more information, please visit our website, www.nhbsr.org.
About the Job
The Communications Manager will create a compelling story for sustainable business practices in the state sharing leading business practices, dynamic programming, and member outreach designed to strengthen business efforts and connections. This team member’s work will strengthen NHBSR’s brand awareness and create more inclusive engagement with all stakeholders. The position reports to the Executive Director and works collaboratively with the Program Manager, the PR & Marketing Committee and the Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in partnership with others and self-managing daily tasks. S/he will also bring a demonstrated expertise with traditional and social media channels. This position requires approximately 20-24 hours per week with occasional full days or evenings to support event execution.
Qualifications include strong communications experience, social media and community building skills, specifically:
- Self-motivated, a creative and independent thinker who would be excited to build and enhance our communications rather than just plug content into existing structures
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- 2-3 years in-depth experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Constant Contact (or similar outreach software) and Social media management
- 1-2 years experience with graphics design software (Canva or similar graphics application)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Passion and demonstrated experience in sustainability, desired
- Background in nonprofit member management or a business environment, a plus
- Developing a communications plan based on the organization’s strategic goals
- Supporting new website development, including SEO optimization, providing ongoing maintenance, and updates to effectively communicate NHBSR’s brand and promotion of sustainable business
- Managing ongoing member communications including event reminders, programming opportunities, educational outreach, and new member communications
- Developing graphics to enhance varied communications and website presentation
- Collaborating with PR & Marketing Committee to develop effective brand and event promotional communication
- Creating new and existing member features for monthly e-newsletter
- Managing and authoring content for NHBSR’s Social Media channels including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn in partnership with Program Manager
- Developing communications packets for events with access to outreach materials for professionals helping to promote NHBSR events
- Creating and effectively distributing press releases for programming and branding purposes
- Developing a Strategic Outreach Plan in collaboration with NHBSR’s PR & Marketing Committee
- Developing organizational templates and packets as needed
- Tracking and reporting out communication impact
Please send the following via email to email@example.com with the subject line “Communications Manager”:
- A cover letter summarizing how your professional experience would benefit NHBSR in this position
- Your resume
- An example of your communications work, e.g. blog post, article, website or social media site managed