Return to Jobs Listing Page.
Assistant Center Manager
The Loon Preservation Committee (LPC) was created in 1975 in response to concerns about a dramatically declining loon population and the effects of human activities on loons. LPC’s mission is to restore and maintain a healthy population of loons throughout New Hampshire; to monitor the health and productivity of loon populations as sentinels of environmental quality; and to promote a greater understanding of loons and the larger natural world.
Title: Loon Center Assistant Manager
Reports to: LPC Executive Director
Status: Part-time (2-4 days/week May 1 through December 31), non-exempt
Summary: Coordinates with Loon Center Manager and/or other LPC staff to oversee all aspects of The Loon Center including the shop and office.
Must have excellent public relations and interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain friendly, positive working relationships with the public, staff, volunteers and LPC Committee members; knowledge of basic record and bookkeeping procedures, budget management and marketing strategies; ability to work independently and follow through on projects. Must have typing and PC computer skills. Must be a team worker willing to work in a small office environment and cheerfully pitch in to help in any and all things as needed. Must be available to routinely work on Saturdays or Sundays, on days of LPC special events, and on some holidays.
Must be able to bend, stoop and lift moderately heavy items. Must have a valid driver's license
Working in concert with the Loon Center Manager and/or other LPC staff, accomplish the following:
1. Monitor the condition and appearance of the interior and exterior of The Loon Center, including LPC exhibits and the surrounding grounds, year round:
2. Open and close The Loon Center at scheduled hours.
3. Oversee all daily functions of The Loon's Feather Gift Shop including:
4. Assist in developing, implementing and tracking shop advertising and shop promotions.
5. Assist in developing, and oversee all aspects of an online store, including processing and sending shop mail orders in a timely manner.
6. Help develop and manage The Loon's Feather Shop annual budget.
7. Keep a computer record of daily shop sales and be able to analyze shop sales by day, week, month or year.
8. Assist with store inventory at least once a year, more often if directed.
9. With the Loon Center Manager and/or other staff, oversee a summer shop assistant.
10.Recruit, train and oversee Loon Center volunteers for regular shop and center-specific activities.
11.Oversee daily operations including:
12. Prepare The Loon Center for public or special events and help coordinate and implement Loon Center events, including advertising for events (specifically the Loon Festival and Holiday Open House).
13. Coordinate with Loon Center Manager and/or other staff to assure quality programming at The Loon Center, including LPC’s Summer Nature Talks.
14. Help to maintain a schedule of exhibitors for the Rawson L. Wood meeting room.
15. Schedule meeting room requests for functions.
16. Assist Membership and Development Coordinator as possible with routine aspects of LPC’s membership program.
17. Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
Please send resume and three letters of reference to Loon Preservation Executive, Harry Vogel at P.O. Box 604 Moultonborough, NH 03254 or by email at email@example.com.
Nonprofit members of the Center can post unlimited jobs for free. Visit our Jobs Page and scroll down to find the Post a Job button on the right. (You must be logged in!) Learn how to get your job featured in our weekly newsletter!
Get the word out about your events. Our Community Calendar features both capacity building events and more general events. Visit the Community Calendar and scroll down to see the button on the right. (You must be logged in!)